• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

3D Printer Recommendation

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I'm looking tobget a 3D printer. Amazon has 3 different Flashforge ones for $300. Any suggestions what to look for not sure of differences.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Look at the Bambu printers. Simple to use, easy to maintain, 3-4x faster than any other printer out there. The P1P is standard, and they just introduced a Mini. Game changer for me in 3d printing.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have only used the Creality Ender 3. Very frustrating to tune. With 3d printer the key is to get the bed to level and even temperature.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have Prusa and Bambi. I’ve played with ender and Creality. Stay away !!!!!

You will spend more time tuning and cursing then printing.

If you plan on printing more than 5 colors. Go Bambu

If you want to be able to print everything !!!! Go Prusa

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You never have to change nozzles unless you are printing abrasive material. So the brass nozzle will do. In this setup you sent. The print will stop and prompt you for a color change you will have to unload and mind the printer forever. The other setups are set it load the filament between 4-5 rolls of different colors and print and come to a finished project

Prusa ( need to buy the printer too MK4s)

Bambu (need buy the Bambu mini or x1)

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Price wise and entry level start with a mid version of Bambu and then when your ready upgrade to Prusa. That would be the recommended path

snowxcross

NJRC Member
Check this guy out, good reviews on equipment before you buy.

Artie