• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acrylic/Mesh Tank Covers

For the sake of time I am going to provide the link to Manhattan Reefs where I originally created this thread. I hope that's ok by your Forum rules :)
It's not a very long read since there are many pictures provided so that folks can build their own covers if they decide to go that route.
There is an update on the 10/19/07 post to some changes I've made to the covers to make them more user friendly.
Any suggestions are welcome to improve upon the design of these covers.

That said, I would like to add that I am not selling these. I'm just a hobbyist would wants to keep my beautiful wrasses from carpet surfing. I've made these covers for some folks special to me and given away enough netting to cover an Olympic swimming pool. I only charged one fellow for the acrylic & glue when the fabricator I was using decided to hit me with a huge price increase. Feel free to ask questions and if I can lend a hand, I'd be happy to help be a part of keeping your fish safe!

Thanks for looking!

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/22953-acrylic-mesh-tank-cover.html

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kathy. I know your not selling these and I didn't get a chance to read the other post yet, BUT, I need 1. LMK what the price for materials for you to make me one and bring it to this months meeting if you plan on going. I'll post the sizes I need when I get a chance. I know it's not worth making only 1 because of the price of materials, so I'll take 2. I'm sure others might be interested too since there are a few of us here love the Wrasses and lost some recently. Tonight I lost my 6 line that I've had for 11 years.

lol guys...
Raspberry Icea tea - oh my favorite Drumz!!! Covers for a lifetime for you!
Mike..so sorry to hear about the loss of your 6 line. 11 years.. wow, that hurts. Of course I'll make you some covers..120 & a 125 you'd said? I'll need pics of what the tops look like now (wires & whatnot).
Rich...I told you I got it when everyone else ate, I was just so hungry that I ate the plate & all!! lol

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That was some goofy comment made by one of the bar patrons that had us all laughing. Had nothing to do with you, K!

Phyl said:
That was some goofy comment made by one of the bar patrons that had us all laughing. Had nothing to do with you, K!

Kathy met the goofy bar patron, she's part of the club trying to figure that comment out. ;D

blange3 said:
Phyl said:

Kathy met the goofy bar patron, she's part of the club trying to figure that comment out. ;D
She certainly was funny. I thought maybe it was a local expression or something from a TV show, but everyone seemed stumped. Was the word flows or floors?
Who remembers the room number? :)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The way she said it was "Toe up from the flow up" but I assumed she meant floor. Who the heck knows. For someone who *wasn't* drunk she seemed a little off. I think I'd rather tell people I was wasted than have them think that's how I am normally!