• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Algaefix for Bubble Algae?

Anyone here use Algaefix Marine to kill off bubble algae? I've tried emails crabs and they aren't making a dent. It's just getting worse.

mwil79

NJRC Member
Algae fix is an Algaecide which you can use but it takes a long time of dosing for that to effect bubble algae. It will be one of the last to die off so it may take dosing for 1-2 months.
If you run a refugium it will also kill off any Macro Algae like Chaeto and most likely not allow it to grow for an extended period of time. If your tank is big enough I recommend a Fox Face Lo.
They need to be slightly trained to eat it but they will demolish an entire tank once they do.

Algae fix is an Algaecide which you can use but it takes a long time of dosing for that to effect bubble algae. It will be one of the last to die off so it may take dosing for 1-2 months.
If you run a refugium it will also kill off any Macro Algae like Chaeto and most likely not allow it to grow for an extended period of time. If your tank is big enough I recommend a Fox Face Lo.
They need to be slightly trained to eat it but they will demolish an entire tank once they do.

Thanks...only a 50 gallon so too small for the Fox unfortunately.