• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

biggest bristle worm contest

Post a pic of your biggest bristle worm and win nothing. I just found a real monster in my tank. Will try to get a good pic if he comes back out.

i pulled one out of my 20 gal that was over 12 inches long
765_12_03_08_10_01_51.JPG

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The worm from Oregon Reef was a eunicid, actually. We had one of those as well, around 14". I'd have to look to see if I could find the pictures of it. I've never had much of a bristle population.

Nice find hawk. Wasn't that thing living in a pvc pipe or something? I remember seeing it years ago, the truck really let's you see how big it is

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, he had PVC holding the rock structure up in a tank that was along the lines of an 800g tank. Pretty crazy.

Coralfan... 36"?! Did you name it? Get a photo of it? I would have been shrieking like a little girl over that one! I had all I could do to get a 14 incher out of the tank. I would not have been able to remove one nearly as tall as my kids!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJ_ychung1 said:
can we bbq that one. that might taste like a polish sausage.

OK, I just threw up a little in my mouth!

Here is a pic of the eunicid we pulled out of our tank. I think it was around 14"

Eunicid_Worm.JPG

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
NJ_ychung1 said:
can we bbq that one. that might taste like a polish sausage.

OK, I just threw up a little in my mouth!

Here is a pic of the eunicid we pulled out of our tank. I think it was around 14"

Eunicid_Worm.JPG
LOL.. yeah the thought of BBQing it even mad me gag

Dam!!! I thought the one in my tank was big at 6 to 7 inches. You should hook one up and catch a fat striper!! It could be the trick to the slow season.

Coralfan... 36"?! Did you name it? Get a photo of it? I would have been shrieking like a little girl over that one! I had all I could do to get a 14 incher out of the tank. I would not have been able to remove one nearly as tall as my kids!
[/quote]

I found it living in a sponge. I was trying to remove the sponge and saw what looked like many worms inside it, as i was trying to remove it (which took almost an hour) a small piece broke off (that piece was 14"). The only pic I managed to get is with my phone, not very good.