• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Congratulations - 2008/11 - POTM Contest!

malulu

NJRC Member
Congratulations to Merv (concept3) for winning the November 2008 POTM contest.

Great Picture!!

20081120-0123-large.jpg

Its time now to start sending in your images for the December POTM. Send them to : photos@njreefers.org

Here are the rules: http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1917.0

Happy Holidays,
NJRC - POTM Committee

malulu said:
or, that is it?
::)
Dave-
that is it what?

Here's some info guys, sorry....didn't realize I needed to include all this in the beginning.

I found the Urchin (longspine) crawling up my front glass one night munching on the coralline algae in the corners. It's something that rarely happens in my tank as the powerheads are bounced off the front glass. I noticed that the mouth had a reddish-purple color to it, so I thought it would make a cool picture. The pic submitted was the only "good" one out of 12 pics taken since I was having flash reflection/focusing issues (I'm horrible at Manual focus).

Equipment:
Nikon D200
60 mm macro lens
SB800 flash
Fixed setting on my camera is ISO200
No tripod

More later on Fstop and Shutter as it's saved on my computer, and I'm at work right now :D