• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

cutting protein Skimmer?????

hey everyone,
been trying to get a skimmer for my 55, but got no replies, guess nobody is selling one. I have a skimmer, but it's to tall. I was thinking of cutting about 1/2 a inch off so it can fit under the tank.Any thoughts on that and suggestion about what type blade I might need. Also, if there's someone in the club that can do that for me, please email me.

Edwin

if you only need a 1/2" just cut the collection cup...done!!

u can trace a line around the cup where u need to cut off, and then just use a dremel, with a thin cutting disc.

dont know where your located, im in 08734. if u were close, you could gladly stop over and i would cut it for you.

i have a prizm deluxe protien skimmer. it is only six months old. works great. let me know if you are still interested?

Jerzsky,

that's actually all I need to do, maybe I seel if I can get Trop to cut it for me, you never know.
Anyone near Neptune able to help me out here?

Edwin