• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

fish fun website

malulu

NJRC Member
my cousin send me this link... http://www.sharkbreak.com/
have fun...
:)

NERVES ALL UP TIGHT?
TAKE A FISH BREAK AND RELAX!!

The fish follows your mouse, but there's more.

This is amazing. Who ever wrote the software must have spent hours. If you click on the extreme right hand column you can change the scene of the background. There are some really beautiful ones.

By clicking on the extreme left hand column you can change the type of fish, it's relaxing to watch them swim.

Any way of getting the mouse/fish to work off the site,my daughter would love it on her computer.Thanks for the link.

malulu

NJRC Member
yes, it is possible.
:D

in short:
(1) it is a FLASH program, which already downloaded to your local pc
(2) find out the location of your browser's cache directory
(3) copy it out, and rename as whatever.flv
(4) find a flv player, install it
(5) bring up the flv player, and open (or drag and drop) the whatever.flv file
(6) in theory, this trick also works for all the videos in YouTube. (if you want a copy of what you like in YouTube...)
;)

in details:
i use FF (firefox), not IE (internet explorer), so you will have to find the equivalent of how to get the IE's cache directory, i think it is in option, internet temp files...etc.
(1) open FF
(2) goto http://www.sharkbreak.com/
(3) play the games for a few seconds (to ensure it is fully loaded in your local PC, if this is a youtube video, you will need it to finish the buffering - play the whole video till the end - do not skip.)
(4) DO NOT goto any other site as of now (to ensure the cache only have this program with the latest timestamp)
(5) type this in the URL address box about:cache (this is to ask FF to show the cache setup locations)
(6) copy the info next to the Cache Directory: entry (in my case, it is C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pya9mkt4.default\Cache)
(7) open a windows explorer, paste in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pya9mkt4.default\Cache
(8 ) sort it by date modified, latest time listed on top, look at the file size, (normally) find the biggest one
(9) in this case it is the file with the 1,598 KB in size, it will have a crazy/random generated file name (ie. CE566F2Fd01)
(10) highlight and copy it.
(11) paste and save it to anywhere, then rename the file name like whatever.flv (FLV in lower case)
(12) goto google.com and search for "flv player", anyone would be fine, i normally pick this one GOM-Media-Player http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10551786.html?tag=mncol;pop
(13) down the flv player and install it.
(14) bring up the flv player, then drag and drop whatever.flv into it to play.
(15) done.
;D

let me know if you need more more details.
::) :p