• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GFO question

Jon

NJRC Member
what’s everyone using for GFO these days? I’ve been running BRS high capacity in a media reactor and use one cup every two weeks. I’m curious if there is a cheaper brand that people like. BRS is charging $85 for 1.65 lbs.

Jon

NJRC Member
Anthony, a 5kg bucket is $169 and would last me approximately a year. That’s not a bad price. Do you think it would last that long and not go bad? I’ve used Rowaphos in the past and remember it’s a “damp” product. If it dries out would it still work?

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Rowaphos when I used to run gfo..now my acros like phosphates so I don't run anything

Anthony, a 5kg bucket is $169 and would last me approximately a year. That’s not a bad price. Do you think it would last that long and not go bad? I’ve used Rowaphos in the past and remember it’s a “damp” product. If it dries out would it still work?
Do not let it dry out it’s no good when it dries