• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GHA Treatment?

Been so long since I had to fight GHA....what's the best remedy? Both phos and nitrate are showing 0. Should I run GFO anyway? I don't want to keep the levels bottomed out. I've already removed a whole bunch by hand. I'm going to refresh my CUC and add pods and phyto. But anything else I can do? It's getting out of control.

Rueric

NJRC Member
Try finding a power filter, after you do your scrubbing, let it run for a few hours to polish the water.

Try getting a tang

Try finding a power filter, after you do your scrubbing, let it run for a few hours to polish the water.

Try getting a tang
Going to be adding a Tomini Tang and Molly Miller Blenny, but they won't be done with QT for 4-6 weeks. Already have a Tailspot Blenny, but doesn't seem to eat the long stuff.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I’ve targeted it with a syringe with peroxide. It works great that way. Take you time and do small areas at a time over the course of a few days.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
A pencil urchin works good too. That’s what I used last time I had gha. It was a while ago.