• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

June 2013 - POTM Contest - Winner! ( falconut )

malulu

NJRC Member

Congratulations to <Craig> (falconut
) for winning the June-2013 POTM contest.

Great Picture!!

Quote from Craig:
============
Dinner time?

============
Thanks and Best Regards,

NJRC - POTM Committee

20130621-0136-large_zpsa5cf94e5.jpg

THANK YOU FOR THE BELOW MEMBERS TO PARTICIPATED IN THIS MONTH'S PHOTO CONTEST!!:

Listing ordered by the submission date/time...

* Arce

* dirtycontour

* lefkonj (Longnose Hawkfish resting)

Thank you all for the good sports!!

Tang police

falconut

NJRC Member
Hawkeye - Thanks. It's actually a Nardoa Frianti star. It's really cleaned them up, I don't see many asterinas anymore. It will take algae too, if I place it under it's stomach and it hasn't bothered a single coral or my clam.

falconut

NJRC Member
Craig,
I've been using Narodas for years to decimate my Asterinas (http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic105537.aspx?Keywords=naroda). Where did you get the specific Nardoa Friant ID?
Unfortunately, I find Narodas also wipe out Stomatella Varia. So it goes...
Bob

Bob, It was labeled as a Frianti star (Reef Safe) at the LFS. After researching, I found the name Nardoa Frianti was the full name and the photos matched. So, I assume that's what I've got. I haven't seen any Stomatella's for years in my tank, so couldn't tell you if mine eats them too. Mine will eat nori too, I just have to place a piece under it.