• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Making RO water costs ideas?

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Hey all wild question I’m looking to start working my 200 gallon tank and need to start filling it but…
My ro maker makes 5 gallons an hour that’ll tank me 40 hours to make 200 gallons of water my water bill is gonna be like 500$ lol any ideas

Salted

NJRC Member
Time for a bigger rodi unit with more output. Either that or fill with the unit you have then get a barrel or two so you always have 50g or ready and waiting.

The 40 hours sounds like a lot, but it's not that bad, only a couple of days. Obviously this could be an issue if you need to do a 100% water change on a running system, but for the initial setup you all set. This hobby gets expensive enough as it is. Only upgrade the RO system id your really need to. Also it's possibe to get several containers so you can have 200 gal of RO water on hand just in case, although I have never felt the need for doing this myself.