• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New hood build

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Didn't like the open top look and hated the mesh screens so I built my own hood. Made it out of PVC trim so I don't have to worry about rot or mildew and it's lightweight. I covered it in the same wallpaper as I used for my stand so they match. The top opens so I can do maintenance and I added a feeding door that stays open with magnets.

Hood_1.jpgHood_2.jpgHood_3.jpgHood_4.jpgHood_5.jpgHood_6.jpgHood_7.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Great job - Well done!

giphy.webp

Attachments

• 1719574700732.png
    1719574700732.png
    397.2 KB · Views: 1

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Didn't like the open top look and hated the mesh screens so I built my own hood. Made it out of PVC trim so I don't have to worry about rot or mildew and it's lightweight. I covered it in the same wallpaper as I used for my stand so they match. The top opens so I can do maintenance and I added a feeding door that stays open with magnets.

View attachment 55304View attachment 55305View attachment 55306View attachment 55307View attachment 55308View attachment 55309View attachment 55310
Damn, that is nice. I had a hard time with stupid screen top so stepped away. Next thing I know is my wife walks in with them as managed to get the mesh tight while I struggled.