• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefapalooza 2024

EZreefin

NJRC Member
Just figured I would ask if anyone is going this weekend. I'll be there tomorrow with my wife. Probably about an hour before they open. Hopefully I'll be able to get a goodie bag before they run out!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We went up today, it was a really good show. More fish than I have seen at a frag event in a while, came home with a bunch. Coral selection was always top notch, definitaly grabbed some SPS and some zoas. Grabbed some rock aquascape pieces and some pods from reef nutrition. Coralvue had the maven there on display which was cool to see and hear how it works, they said they are targeting a black friday release.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Sorry we missed you to Bob, We grabbed fish basically right when we walked in there so we knew we have a time limit from the jump. Also, we had to grab our dog by 430, so it was not going to be a full day. I am sure we will see you soon.

There was really nice torches all over the show room floor. Our LPS is doing ok, but we decided not to pick up any more. Maybe in the future.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
We went up today, it was a really good show. More fish than I have seen at a frag event in a while, came home with a bunch. Coral selection was always top notch, definitaly grabbed some SPS and some zoas. Grabbed some rock aquascape pieces and some pods from reef nutrition. Coralvue had the maven there on display which was cool to see and hear how it works, they said they are targeting a black friday release.
What did you think of the Maven? I'm interested in it; seems perfect for the two systems we plan on having.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The maven seemed like it could be a game changer. I think they put a lot of thought into the design and how easy it should be to use and clean. There are other all in one testing systems out there but they all seem to have problems. This unit I think they looked at those problems and tried to simplify them. They are not cheap, probably going to be around 1300 and they did not have the prices yet on the reagents. If, and that is a big if, it works, it will really be a gamechanger for the hobby. You can also hook it into their other products as well so it really could be an all in one automated reef system. I will probably put in for a preorder which you can do through a store (I am going through Reefco) and we will see how it goes.