• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WANTED: Secretary for NJ Reefers

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hi all. We are currently looking for someone to take the secretary position for the club. This person will be in charge of taking notes for all meetings, and will be involved in any of the decisions the club makes. There's probably other tasks involved, but we can discuss that later on down the line. Please message me if you are interested. Thank you.

WifePriceReefer

NJRC Member
Hi Del,

I emailed a few weeks ago about how to post on the forum and I didn't receive a response. Do I have to purchase a membership? Thanks

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hi Del,

I emailed a few weeks ago about how to post on the forum and I didn't receive a response. Do I have to purchase a membership? Thanks
What type of post are you trying to put up? A for sale post?

horseplay

NJRC Member
Hi all. We are currently looking for someone to take the secretary position for the club. This person will be in charge of taking notes for all meetings, and will be involved in any of the decisions the club makes. There's probably other tasks involved, but we can discuss that later on down the line. Please message me if you are interested. Thank you.
"There's probably other tasks involved" sounds fishy. You will be told to clean the president's tank weekly later on :)

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
From our bylaws here is the description of the Secretary and his/her duties:

The Secretary shall:

• Attend or appoint a member to attend all regular monthly and special membership meetings of the Corporation and record its date, place and proceedings.
  • Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and keep a full and complete record of the proceedings.
  • Be the custodian of all the documents of the Corporation other than those pertaining specifically to the other offices of the Corporation.
  • Countersign as Secretary of the Corporation all instruments, papers and documents when asked to do so by the Board of Directors.
  • Keep all minutes available for the inspection of the Board of Directors at any of their regular business meetings and likewise available for the inspection of the members of the Corporation at every regular monthly membership meeting.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You can nominate someone, or you can throw your own hat into the ring if you want to. The person who is nominated can turn down the nomination if he/she does not wish to run. The voting will take place in the rock the vote forum. We will keep those threads open for voting until the end of the election period.

Some basic rules for nominations, which have been asked about in previous years:

- You can only accept a nomination for one position. If you accept a nomination and later decide you wish to run for a different position, you must officially remove yourself from the current position (in that nomination thread) and then accept a nomination or nominate yourself in the thread of the new position you wish to run for.

- You cannot place a "blanket" nomination to run for "whatever position is available". You must designate one (and only one) position to be running for at any given time.

- A nomination does not require a "2nd" vote in order to be accepted, but the nominee must "accept" the nomination in order to be placed on the ballots. If you nominate yourself, it's understood that you thereby "accept" that nomination.

- A nominee must be a paid member of the club.

- Descriptions of each position and their respective duties will be provided in each nomination thread (see OP)

If you have any general questions relating to the election process, please post them here and not in the nomination threads so we can keep those focused on the nominations only.

I will throw my hat in the ring for secretary.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
"There's probably other tasks involved" sounds fishy. You will be told to clean the president's tank weekly later on :)
Hahahahahaha shhhhhh. Stop telling all the secrets hahahaha

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ecam and DEL should be able to fix this. Just message them date you paid and email address used.

WifePriceReefer

NJRC Member
Yes, you need to be a member in order to post in the deals and steals section. Membership will soon have more perks. That's soon to come.
Hi, I purchased a membership - and I have yet to get my account updated. I emailed twice via the contact section on the site and I haven't gotten a response. Please advise - thanks.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I sent a pm to both here that I need some PayPal information so I can validate and upgrade the accounts.