• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rfalk - AP24 gallon new setup

Hey just set up my new nano tank a month ago...here are some pics of what it looks like right now (pics not that best but they will do)- more corals and fish coming this week...will post more about it later

683_28_01_08_11_04_55.gif

683_28_01_08_11_05_10.gif

683_28_01_08_11_05_27.gif

683_28_01_08_11_05_49.gif

Tank looks great! However, I am not sure I like the idea of you putting all these things in your tank inside of one month. Most smaller tanks take a few good months to stabalize and some even longer. I am not saying don't put anything in your tank.. What I am saying is take your time and be sure you even cycled, otherwise you are just going to kill everything and well.. we want to save the reef just not kill things and get new stuff to replace our mistakes.

Not sure where you got the water from, what you are using, or really anything so take the information above as if I know you are using the proper things for this tank. Good luck!

mynd said:
Tank looks great! However, I am not sure I like the idea of you putting all these things in your tank inside of one month. Most smaller tanks take a few good months to stabalize and some even longer. I am not saying don't put anything in your tank.. What I am saying is take your time and be sure you even cycled, otherwise you are just going to kill everything and well.. we want to save the reef just not kill things and get new stuff to replace our mistakes.

Not sure where you got the water from, what you are using, or really anything so take the information above as if I know you are using the proper things for this tank. Good luck!

This is my 3rd tank, half of the rock came straight out of an already established tank as did some of the water (which I chang out 10% weekly) I have Ro/Di unit...my tank cycled within a week and I waited 2.5 before I put anything in it. I test for everything and it came up at 0 within the week. I know it might seem like I am new but I actually have been reefing for almost 2 years now. (I am not mad so I hope this doesnt seem like it) Just trying to clear things up

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We've been quite successful setting up small tanks with that model, so I'm sure you'll be just fine. Looks great. Keep posting pictures as it grows and changes.

Welcome aboard the 24G AP train. What other tanks do you have? Don't tease us with half information like that ;). Everything looks great, where did you get the other rock? Are the corals from your other tank.

I have another AP 24 with sunpod (150w) this tank I am running 6 bulb t5ho setup...I also have a 20 gallon frag tank with a 15 gallon sump.

I got the rock from Marco, which has lead to a great aquascape (hard to tell from pics)

The corals were all from my other tank/frag tank, where I have back ups growing of pretty much everything. I also will be adding more of my zoas which still are the frag tank (PD, tubbs, rainbows, goochsters, almost purple people eaters (gold shirts) i got from Jose a year ago, and some other rics with some assuies on the way)

Rob,
The tank looks great! Marco rocks does make the aquascaping easier.
I agree with JRWOHLER stop teasing us and show us pics of the other tanks.

Later,
Jose

Figured I would update with some pics since I got some nice aussie corals lately...let me know what you think!

New Micro
683_15_02_08_3_26_45.gif

2 more new micros
683_15_02_08_3_26_26.gif

Picture of Zoas I have had - sort of like purple people eaters with gold skirts
683_15_02_08_3_27_01.gif

Most Recent Full Tank shot
683_15_02_08_3_26_00.gif