• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What skimmer for this 120g Stock?

5-Resplendent Anthias
2-Picasso Clownfish (Or similar species)
1-Kole Tang
1-Blue Spot Jawfish
1-Leopard Wrasse
1-Tailspot Blenny
1-Flame Hawkfish
1-Potter's Angelfish
5-Chromis

I was told an ASM G-3 Wouldn't be suitable for this amount of fish, so I need some ideas.

Thanks,
Steve

Lots of choices. What's your budget? In sump or external? If in sump, what are the dimensions you have to work with?

Um, I'd like an Insump Skimmer, Probably around 500$. I would be building the sump around the skimmer really, I was planning on a 30g.

any particular model and place where I could get them from, last time I tried to look up MTC and MRC skimmers I couldn't find anything.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I can find his cell # , I'll PM ya. I don't think he'll be around his shop till Monday.

I'm leaning towards the Euro Reef Skimmers, but yet, no idea on what type of model, as the Rs250 says up to 250 gallons w/ a medium bioload, and it looks like a good skimmer, and I've heard very good things about Euro Reef.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have both. I like them both for different reasons. The MTC has a becket and the ER has a needle wheel. I've had to do less adjustments with the ER. They are both comparable.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Whatever model you decide on, I would do the recirc. mod if it don't come with one.

mikem said:
Whatever model you decide on, I would do the recirc. mod if it don't come with one.

Definitely.

A30g sump? You could easily fit a 40 breeder or standard 50g in a 120 stand.

Oh, the reason is I already had the plan for a 30g Sump seeing as how I planned one for my 55g, but I decided to wait, and make one for my 120g.

So, Steve, would you suggest a Euro Reef?

If I were to go with the RS250 Euro Reef Skimmer, would the SP5 Euro-Reef modified GEN-X 6000 water pump be good, or should I get another?

I've never had a Euro-reef but, I have read plenty of good things about them. There alot of good skimmers out there in that price range. Everyone has their personal preferences. As long as you choose a quality skimmer you will be happy, that's one piece of equipment you can't try to go cheap with.