• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 gallon reef

deepblue68

POTM Winner
yes I agree that's why I was going to just make nozzles but when I watched the video I was impressed!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

deepblue68

POTM Winner
i was also thinking of spraying my elbows on the return manifold black but I was hesitant to put them in the water painted. I figured in time they will be covered in coraline algae.

i was also thinking of spraying my elbows on the return manifold black but I was hesitant to put them in the water painted. I figured in time they will be covered in coraline algae.

Yea. Coraline loves to grow on plastic and pvc.

No moving parts. There is a Venturi, that draws in additional water volume. vanes inside upset the flow & create a turbulent effect. Someone makes one that is mechanical as well. The water flow causes the nozzle to rotate. I can’t see it working any better than this though, and I’m sure it would be somewhat of a hassle to keep the mechanism clean.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
no moving parts there is a swirler that makes a vortex when water passes through it.look in the picture one piece.
cbeff256704cbd209d9b191fd7b8feea.jpg

deepblue68

POTM Winner
No moving parts. There is a Venturi, that draws in additional water volume. vanes inside upset the flow & create a turbulent effect. Someone makes one that is mechanical as well. The water flow causes the nozzle to rotate. I can’t see it working any better than this though, and I’m sure it would be somewhat of a hassle to keep the mechanism clean.
nicely said David. lol

deepblue68

POTM Winner
pictures don't do them justice. jlyons827 has ome very beautiful frags for sale and very nice reefer! check his 4sale thread out.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Where did you find the McCosker? I have been wanting one and a Midas Blenney. Haven't run into one around here.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
How has the HOB overflow been? I have been thinking of putting one on my 40B

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Where did you find the McCosker? I have been wanting one and a Midas Blenney. Haven't run into one around here.
I found him at absolutely fish .I couldn't stop looking at its fin's! it really looked amazing! I will post better pictures once its settled in.