• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Alert to reefers using Reef Crystals !

eli smoke

NJRC Member
Was that after only 1 batch of salt mix?! Did you test it for salinity, calcium,mag, Alk.? If so were they all out of wack?
My tank does auto water changes so I mix 10 gallons of water and 5 cups of salt at a time. I didn’t test anything I just threw it all away. I wasn’t going to use it so didn’t care what any of the parameters were. One thing I do regret is not saving a zip lock bag full of it and sending it to the I/O dude who told me they don’t mess up their salt.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
You know i just thought about it… i just bought a brand new salt from amazon reef crystals and did 250 gallons of water for my reef so it’s all new water and my alk was 6.1 …

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a 1+ year old bucket 3/4 left. I was using it but switched over to Tropic Marin as it was less full just to get rid of the bucket. Now not sure what to do. I don't think the old bucket caused issues but who knows.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I have a 1+ year old bucket 3/4 left. I was using it but switched over to Tropic Marin as it was less full just to get rid of the bucket. Now not sure what to do. I don't think the old bucket caused issues but who knows.
Ima prob switch over to aquaforest plus has 11 alk ratings to keep alk and calc higher or atleast more stabilize

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Alittle update for you guys, i called Amazon got a full refund for my salt, i called reef crystals and they requested a sample of the salt and are sending me a fresh batch