• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bunch of arcos not thriving in my tank

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Start with getting your nitrates up and see from there. I started ammonia dosing for nitrates and I'm seeing a great improvement to my acros.

Rueric

NJRC Member
Pars are roughly 250ish
Flow is kinda screwed up cause I’m missing a controller for my wave makers and setting them up manually is a nightmare
Reef crystals i know they had issues lately I’m trying to fix that portion
Tank is like 3-4 months i have 80lbs of live rock and 100lbs of dry

I've had good success with the ReefMoonshiners program, take a look: Reef Moonshiners

They have a very active facebook community

1729169851988.png

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I've had good success with the ReefMoonshiners program, take a look: Reef Moonshiners

They have a very active facebook community

View attachment 56155
While I do think the reef moonshiners program is a fine program, I don't think it keeps corals from dying. I think it's designed more to have corals that are already surviving and help them thrive. I did the reef moonshiners program when my acros were dying but it did not help, the corals died anyway and i wasted hundreds of dollars. Now that my corals are thriving I'm doing the BRS balling method and a little acro power and seeing great results without all of the dailies. I have a lot of bottles left if you are interested in purchasing them at a discount.

Rueric

NJRC Member
While I do think the reef moonshiners program is a fine program, I don't think it keeps corals from dying. I think it's designed more to have corals that are already surviving and help them thrive. I did the reef moonshiners program when my acros were dying but it did not help, the corals died anyway and i wasted hundreds of dollars. Now that my corals are thriving I'm doing the BRS balling method and a little acro power and seeing great results without all of the dailies. I have a lot of bottles left if you are interested in purchasing them at a discount.
can always use more bottles! where are you located?

motortrendz

NJRC Member
The tank is still young your getting these outbreaks bc it takes time for the tank to mature. I didn't see what kind of filtration your running. But I can tell you with a 3 month old tank, that's really your main issue. I have been collecting sps for years. And anytime I start a new tank it takes atleast 6 months before sps will survive. And another 6 before they thrive. Be patient. Go slow. Concentrate on keeping things stable and not making too many changes at once.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
The tank is still young your getting these outbreaks bc it takes time for the tank to mature. I didn't see what kind of filtration your running. But I can tell you with a 3 month old tank, that's really your main issue. I have been collecting sps for years. And anytime I start a new tank it takes atleast 6 months before sps will survive. And another 6 before they thrive. Be patient. Go slow. Concentrate on keeping things stable and not making too many changes at once.
Thanks bud, well generally my first chamber is 2 filter socks, second is UV with a big wave maker on it but I’m not running the UV cause i don’t want the pods to get killed by it so bio bars in thay one too third chamber has protein skimmer 20 bio bars
And the final chamber is return pump 20 bio bars. Eventually will get myself a floss roller but things like 400$…

Attachments

• IMG_1729.png
    IMG_1729.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
For sps and acros...stability is key. It took a while before my acros really took off. Now I have to constantly trim. Get your levels corrected, then maintain them.