• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Good Dry Rock to Use?

It was what the store had at the time and convenience

Can I simply put the new cube in a five gallon bucket with salt water and a powerhesd to begin getting bacteria ? Or

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks
Yes sir just think of the bucket as a tank and do it the same way

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
would the marine pure cubes / balls would in a biocube in the champer or on a media rack in there? and do you replace or wash them ever?

would the marine pure cubes / balls would in a biocube in the champer or on a media rack in there? and do you replace or wash them ever?

I don’t know the biocube. Hopefully someone else does. But marine pure recommends gently rincing them in rodi water as needed. But I’m sure that’s different for everyone

Cycling them in a bucket works for sure. I had about 80 pounds of dry rock in my rubbermade bin with the top over it for months and it worked. A heater, wave maker and had some rock from a established tank to help seed it. All I really did from there was throw cheap fish flakes time from time. I did notice that when the ammonia got too high, it stalled and didn't change for a few weeks, i thought it was just slow but when I did a water change out of curiously if it helped, BAM! Few days later nitrites sky rocketed and then nitrates followed along. This chart seemed to be fairly accurate.

aquarium-cycle-1.png

Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I had aiptasia I got a few peppermint shrimp and a copper band no more aptasia.
I don’t think you need to tear down your tank and get rid of rocks and bio media for aiptasia.

Last edited: