• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How many of you have tops on your tanks? and what kind?

I'm asking because i've lost two midas blennies in a week due to the little suckers jumping out. I currently have (and it was on when both jumped) egg crate over the tank but I'm thinking of going with a glass top.

So my question is how many of you have tops on your REEF tanks and what is it made of? Store bought home made etc...

I've lost over a 8 fish over the years and that's why i no longer keep any wrasses.

howze01

NJRC Member
I have a mesh top that I made using stuff from BRS and Home Depot. Easy to make and although I did lose a Yasha to surfing I think he got out when I had the top off.

Patientman

Area Reef Club Officers
After loosing a number of fish I made a screen cover using 1/4" clear mesh and aluminum window framing.

If I can do it ... anyone can!

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
made these with HD stuff (and some fiberglass screen I had lying around) for about $6

cb802403.jpg

I have a canopy over my 120 now, when i had a 36 bow I used glass. The glass always had to be cleaned . I think the screens would be the way to go without a canopy.

Olivier did some custom tops from plexi with net that has bigger slots (1/4") so it doesn't block as much light as insect screen from Home Depot.
PM him.