• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hudson Valley Reef Keepers Event

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hudson Valley Reef Keepers has asked us to post this info about their upcoming event.

Hi,
My name is Arthur and I am the President of HVRK in the Hudson Valley. On October 8 2011 we are having a meeting with some outside speakers and we were wondering if any of your members wanted to come up and join us.

Here is a link to the thread to see who we have and what the schedule looks like http://hvreef.org/yabb/index.php?top...0749#msg140749

Thank you,

Arthur
If you have some time go check them out!

it's a 2 hr drive from central/edison/piscataway/southplainfield/metuchen nj.

I think it's kinda funny though how the last post on that thread is from the "director of hVRK" and his name is Taz....so are you splitting time behind our back Taz??!??!!?! :D

So just a reminder.......

This event is Free, catered, will have 3 Great speakers, offer an auction, and have a raffle.

Just to start a spark of what you could win for $1.00 a ticket or $20.00 for 25;

A subscription to Coral Magazine Donated by Ret Talbot

Instant Ocean 200 gallon box of salt Donated by John from Fishtopia

2 - $25 GC's Donated by John from Fishtopia

To keep this fresh just in case anybody wants to come out.

In the raffle we also have;

a couple of $50.00 GC to Premium Aquatics

5 multi-packs from Rod Buehler of http://www.rodsfood.com/

a Hanna Pocket Photometer Marine Alkalinity

and a Hanna Pocket Marine Calcium Checker

Hope to see you there this Saturday.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Many times I have thought to myself "man I wish I was in this hobby when I was single!" I would have traveled all over and attended events like this to learn with the added benefit of meeting fellow reefers everywhere. This is not my case though, I have 4 kids and a wife so it is nearly impossible to attend many events. I hope anybody that can attend does and has a good time. Report back here when it's over and let me know how it went!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Being from South Jersey, there's no way I'll be able to travel that far up north. Sounds like a great time though. Good luck and hope you get a great turnout.

I wish I could go if only to see if Taz is really moonlighting, lol.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I actually thought it was a test account from when we were testing the new forums. Sorry, don't mean to derail this thread... just having a lil fun with the coincidence. :p

yeah if i were still single and i lived in NY again - i'd go. It's a straight drive up I-87 in NY. I drove by walden, ny many a time on my way to college back in the day.

Of course when i was single -who knew what the future entailed? I wanted to do it but I was like i'm renting an apt in Manhattan and who knows if i'll be there next year etc. Plus back then Manhattan Aquariums was a figment of my imagination...lol. All i had was Petco, New world Aquarium, and if I had time - a drive west to Absolutely Fish in Clifton.