• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My cube

I just joined here and figured I would start off by telling all of you about my tank. Plus it is a good productive thing to do durring Madonna's half time show lol.
Its start date is ironically the first of the year!
The tank is a 24x24x12 rimless cube made by deep blue. I have made a faux back wall where I have all the filtration.
Filtration consists of a brs dual reactor in which I run carbon and GFO, a tunze 9010, and a ehiem return. Flow is a single mp10 Wes. For lighting I have a AI Sol led fixture. I will get pictures and more details up later in the week.

So I picked up a blenny the other day and from the pictures (that I will post in a few minutes) you can see I don't have any algae. So the other day on the way home from work I stopped at Aquarium Center to grab a nori clip. They had both the suction cup and magnet versions in stock. The magnet version was 24.99! I instantly fell to the ground, but faster than I fell I put it back on the shelf. I then grabbed a suction cup version which was 3.99. Now anyone who has ever owned a suction cup nori clip would know, you hate the suction cup about ummm, 5 minutes after you open the package? So I grabbed two epoxy coated magnets I had sitting around for my frag rack project and glued them to the clip. BAM! alg clip 003.jpgalg clip 008.jpg

Here ya go! In the spring (when I wont have to freeze outside while building) I am going to build an enclosure that will hide all the equip in the back.
tank 004.jpg
One from the top.
tank 009.jpg
Here is one of in the stand. I find sometimes when I go pick up frags I spend more time looking under the hood than at the tank. Under here is simple, bucket for top off and all controllers and supps. I will eventually add a shelf on the right and add a drawer to the top.
tank 002.jpg
And her is just a fun picture lol. The clown was impressed with my camera to say the least.
tank 010.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How do I make them display larger?

I don't know how to use the "picture" function on our "new" site. If you are not aware, NJRC changed it's hosting software about half a year ago. I still do it the old fashion way where I first load my pictures into a host site (I use photobucket), and then copy and paste the link.

attachment.php

I personally don't like these new little thumbnail things. I like to see the whole photo right in the post.

AND, I posted your clip up above.....I really like it. Nice job! I use those exact same clips (with suction cups) and was wondering if your little magnet mod would hold on my 1/2 glass, and with "pig" tangs ripping at it?

Where did you get the magnets?

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Love the setup. Will look even better when you can hide the equipment in the back.

+1 to what Paul said about the pics. I use photobucket as well and just copy the IMG code they provide and paste it here. Works like a charm.

Anyway, love the magnet idea for the clip. I have the suction cup one too and it drives me nuts!

Not sure where you got your magnets, but I now have an idea for the set I got from Bulk Reef Supply. I got these to make a small frag rack. Unfortunately, the description is misleading and I actually needed to buy 2 of them to have one for each side of the rack. It says "Price is for 2 magnet, each Mag Rack requires 2 magnets." So I assumed there were 2 sets of magnets included. Turns out there were only 2 magnets = 1 set.

So, instead of ordering another set for the frag rack, I'll just use these to make my nori clip magnetic. They're the perfect size too. ;)

Thanks guys!

The magnets are from K&J magnetics http://www.kjmagnetics.com/ any of the epoxy coated ones are fine for in tank use. I got the 1/2 by 1/8 and they are fine for my 1/4 thick glass tank. I tested them on 1/2 glass and while they do hold, it is nothing strong. Just order some bigger magnets.

I will eventually need some more as I am using them for all sorts of things besides a frag rack. Maybe we can all order them together as they do provide discounts in bulk.
The tank wasn't really a new years resolution, but can you honestly think of any better way to start your year?