• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning. Normal but beautiful beach walk this morning.

Sunrise.jpg

Amphipods are all small so I guess it isn't amphipod season yet so on the next moon low tide I will try again. I got about a hundred but mostly babies so I threw them in my UG filter to grow.

Rocky beach.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good Morning.
Sunrise.jpg

This beautiful morning I came across this dead shark on the beach. It looks like something much bigger bit the thing in half and only left some guts.

Dead Shark.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
Diana this is the only place in New York where you can go on the beach and look both ways for miles and never see anyone. That is one reason I moved here. I also have a permit to drive on it.

That and the fact that we have the biggest and deepest pool on Long Island, 90 yards from my condo. No..It's not mine personally but there is hardly anyone ever in it.

Diana, I also like the fact that you are one of the only people who read my Gibberish. :D

This picture above looking North, You can just about make out Connecticut 23 miles in the distance because this is the Long Island Sound.

This last picture is looking east. If I walk all the way, about 2 miles out towards the sunrise at that point, there are 5 WW1 Shipwrecks on the beach. They are little more than rotted timbers now

Last edited:

Paul B

NJRC Member
Dave, except for this place, the rest of New York, even in the dead of winter, there are people on the beaches.:D

This one is private and hard to get to unless you are a resident. Plus, it's down 176 steps which has a locked door on top.