• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hello everyone!

I've been living in New Jersey for quite some time and recently embarked on the journey of setting up my first reef tank about six months ago. I'm in the 07733 area and am thrilled to be a part of this community!

Brisk

NJRC Member
Hello everyone!

I've been living in New Jersey for quite some time and recently embarked on the journey of setting up my first reef tank about six months ago. I'm in the 07733 area and am thrilled to be a part of this community!
Welcome

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Welcome jkealy! Feel free to ask questions and advice.

Hello, have been reefing for over 10 years. Am in the 08003 cherry hill area and would like to connect with near by reefers. Am planning a very large build for after the summer. Does anyone in south Jersey have experience with a moving service they can recommend. Will have to bring a delivered tank from the garage to the basement. Probably will need 5 or 6 guys or a stair lift

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Welcome aboard. There is a meeting in a few weeks (7/20 @ Noon) at my house in Holmdel. Come and meet the other members in person.

Hey everyone, my name is Paul, aka Lakeside Reefer, I've been in the hobby for over 20 years, have had many tanks varying from small bio cubes, basic 75 gallon tanks, a 155 bow front, a 180, and probably a few more I've forgotten about.

I currently have a Waterbox 70.2 in my office, and also have a dedicated coral system with about 450 gallons total volume between 4 tanks that are all tied together, along with a custom 36" clownfish harem anemone tank.

I also own Lakeside Reefing which I formed 2 years ago, growing and selling corals and equipment primarily online throughout the USA. I've been at shows like RAP NYC, ReefingUSA, a few other small shows, I also host the North Jersey Fall Coral Show, that's located in Midland Park NJ.

It's nice to finally be able to post on this forum, and look forward to being part of this community.

Thank you

Paul - Lakeside Reefer
Oakland NJ

Hello everyone, My Name is Angy (Angie). I was born and raised in south Jersey.

Growing up my parents both had fresh water fish tanks. When i moved out into my first apartment at 18 I began my own journey into the fresh water world. I was always interested in getting into Saltwater and went into rabbit holes on and off throughout the years and just never pulled the trigger. The start up costs are what always pushed me away. About 6 months ago i was working at someones residence who had 4 different saltwater tanks in his house. He showed me around and we talked for 2 hours before i even began work. :nightmare: (Dont tell my boss) He had mentioned he wanted to sell his running13.5 gallon fluval nano tank. THATS HOW THIS ALL STARTED. He loved how intrested i was and he sold it to me for $200 wich included: the tank set up, 2 fluval nano sea lights, the live rock and gravel, heater, wave maker, magnet scrapper, 3 fish, 5 small corals, and an ATO set up. It was a sign that it was time to finally get into the hobby. I felt so lucky and grateful to have fell into this opportunity.

I am excited to continue my adventures and have been looking into upgrading to a 40 gallon breeder tank. I have taken a huge amount of intrest with corals and hardscaping. so we will see where i go with it.

Im looking forward to being part of the community and continuing my saltwater learning journey.