• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Austyn's 125 Gal mixed reef...

Cant wait till Tuesday. New(used) skimmer will arrive. WOHOOO!!

PO4 back down to 0 after water change and corrected flow in the GFO reactor. Crystal clear.. for now, we will see what tomorrow brings. :)

Austyn, great to meet you! I could have stayed another hour but the attorney general would have given me a demotion:rolleyes:. Thanks for the huge frag and if you want I will let you know when the digi, Howie frags have settled.

Pete

Austyn, great to meet you! I could have stayed another hour but the attorney general would have given me a demotion:rolleyes:. Thanks for the huge frag and if you want I will let you know when the digi, Howie frags have settled.

Pete
Pete,No problem. It was definitely a pleasure to meet you. Keep in touch, would like to see how the colors enhance under LED on that chalice. Thanks for stopping buy, welcomed anytime.

My new toy :)
Diablo 2500. Thanks Brian (TBaquatics). Great packing. If that thing moved a CM during shipment i would be surprised.
Upto 300Gal,
PSK-2500
Sucker is a beast. 24 IN tall. WOW lol.
time to start the biopellets and the frag tank build. :)

DSC05696_zpsc84f7d30.jpg

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
nice upgrade! I recently bought a SRO XP1000SSS, they look very similar in design. it's probably the best skimmer I have ever bought in my life.

nice upgrade! I recently bought a SRO XP1000SSS, they look very similar in design. it's probably the best skimmer I have ever bought in my life.
thanks! Well so far i have to modify the sump. Which i have been wanting to do for a long time. Dont know if i want to stay with the 55 GAL sump or maybe go slightly bigger. Its up and running now and wow is it sucking some air. took a few minutes to dial in but so far the amount of bubbles are amazing. Im glad the sump is behind the wall in the other side of the basement(sump room in the making) cause its loud lol. Im in my office right now and the sump is directly underneath me. and i can hear it through the floor. Im so stoked about it though. i have been using my back up(coralife 125) for a bit since my other skimmer cracked on me. now i can go forward with the expansion of the system without worries. well less worries lol.

My new toy :)
Diablo 2500. Thanks Brian (TBaquatics). Great packing. If that thing moved a CM during shipment i would be surprised.
Upto 300Gal,
PSK-2500
Sucker is a beast. 24 IN tall. WOW lol.
time to start the biopellets and the frag tank build. :)

DSC05696_zpsc84f7d30.jpg

Nice!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
thanks! Well so far i have to modify the sump. Which i have been wanting to do for a long time. Dont know if i want to stay with the 55 GAL sump or maybe go slightly bigger. Its up and running now and wow is it sucking some air. took a few minutes to dial in but so far the amount of bubbles are amazing. Im glad the sump is behind the wall in the other side of the basement(sump room in the making) cause its loud lol. Im in my office right now and the sump is directly underneath me. and i can hear it through the floor. Im so stoked about it though. i have been using my back up(coralife 125) for a bit since my other skimmer cracked on me. now i can go forward with the expansion of the system without worries. well less worries lol.

If you have the space, definitely go bigger! more water volume, better water stability!

I really want to see your setup in person! hopefully that RBTA gets ready soon so I can pick him up and the chalices you've been holding for me!

If you have the space, definitely go bigger! more water volume, better water stability!

I really want to see your setup in person! hopefully that RBTA gets ready soon so I can pick him up and the chalices you've been holding for me!

Oh i got the space. Wife just told me i can build out the sump room 4 more feet :) So the room will be 8FT X 10 feet. So frag tank, WC vats and QT tank. Possibly a few 20L to breed clowns and bangai. Used to breed freshwater fish(128 tanks in what is now the finished basement) and have always enjoyed the process. I think i have gathered enough info to take on the task. But that wont be any time soon. I have a pair now that lay eggs every week, just have not pulled them.

The RBTA came back out from under the rock on saturday to the same spot it was before. Im noticing it is stretching out from under the rock to come out the side. I have a monti cap skeleton from last year that i lost still intact. I and going to place it over it and hope fully it will have to stretch so much that it will move on tho the cap and i can place it in the basket. I was going to try it this week and see what it decides to do. Unfortunately if it does move i wont be available this weekend. Going to the poconos with the fam skiing/Tubing . Your pieces are still here :). Pete(Zippy69) came over on Saturday and picked up one of the cotton candy frags. Ill keep you informed on the outcome.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Oh i got the space. Wife just told me i can build out the sump room 4 more feet :) So the room will be 8FT X 10 feet. So frag tank, WC vats and QT tank. Possibly a few 20L to breed clowns and bangai. Used to breed freshwater fish(128 tanks in what is now the finished basement) and have always enjoyed the process. I think i have gathered enough info to take on the task. But that wont be any time soon. I have a pair now that lay eggs every week, just have not pulled them.

The RBTA came back out from under the rock on saturday to the same spot it was before. Im noticing it is stretching out from under the rock to come out the side. I have a monti cap skeleton from last year that i lost still intact. I and going to place it over it and hope fully it will have to stretch so much that it will move on tho the cap and i can place it in the basket. I was going to try it this week and see what it decides to do. Unfortunately if it does move i wont be available this weekend. Going to the poconos with the fam skiing/Tubing . Your pieces are still here :). Pete(Zippy69) came over on Saturday and picked up one of the cotton candy frags. Ill keep you informed on the outcome.

I can only imagine to have a "fish room"! it will happy one day! haha

So, are you saying that one day I'll be buying designer clown fish from you?? :p

Haha, that thing just refuses to move huh? lol just let me know when it's ready and have fun at the poconos!

I can only imagine to have a "fish room"! it will happy one day! haha

So, are you saying that one day I'll be buying designer clown fish from you?? :p

Haha, that thing just refuses to move huh? lol just let me know when it's ready and have fun at the poconos!

Now i dont think ill ever go that big with the breeding, but i definately want to give it a try. LOL :p

Skimmer is awesome. Checked it this morning before heading for work and i already had some nice thick sludge in the cup. SAWEET :)!!!!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Fish rooms make life so much easier, tell the wife she made a smart decision.

Austin looks good, what's the secret to get acan to grow? I saw that huge colony at your house. Also do they encrust or create there own skeleton?
Thanks
Kurtis

Austin looks good, what's the secret to get acan to grow? I saw that huge colony at your house. Also do they encrust or create there own skeleton?
Thanks
Kurtis

Hey kurtis. honestly i have no real secret. I feed them once a week. that's about all i do. They are encrusted onto the rock to the point that they are growing under the rock. The enchinata does not encrust. Its growing like a table. and all that is holding it is a red sponge that grew attaching the acan skeleton to the rock.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I am loving that RBTA!! haha

those ricordias look good and the acan look stunning. I can't wait to see your tank when I visit!