• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"If you want to upgrade your tank I want you to upgrade my front porch!"

Wow Matt! I'm impressed. Always like the projects that create sawdust. Extremely well done.

Thanks Paul! I do side work for people if they ever need anything. I think I have gotten 3 or 4 side jobs from this porch. I am at a stand still until i get the lattice and 1 more board of the trex in. Trex type boards come in 2 different side profiles. one with a grove and one with a finished edge. I ran out of the finished edge boards so i can't get the steps done.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Wow. Compliments on both the tank and the porch. Looks like a win for everybody.

Thanks! It was pretty impressive last night when one of the balusters ended up in the top of a tree. I am working on the railings on the steps and it SUCKS! I am not happy with it all (why it ended in the top of a tree)

I don't like the look of the pvc railings and cutting the angels is hard. I need to take a break from it and play with my fish tank.

Considering this is a tale of the tank and not a tale of the porch i will post more pictures of the tank later

Pretty impressive for sure.

Thanks to Darren! I was able to fix his old Gryphon band saw and it now works like new!

9C168628-305A-4851-AEC8-68C813F4A108_zpsnrksg7tz.jpg

This thing is the best! I used to hate trying to cut monti's and zoa's with bone cutters. It was such a PIA and soo messy.

Mushrooms coming up!!!

thanks again!

I am going to need a frag tank...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been running into some algae issues lately.
46269A47-232E-4C4B-B9A5-4053171D218D_zpsvcwwrd2d.jpg

It only seems to be in the front two corners. it is strange because the ends of my tank get the least amount of light. my lights cover a 2x2 area and my tank is 54 inches. All I have checked so far is my Phosphates and they are sitting at .08

I started dosing Red Sea Reef Energy both A & B so that could contribute but it just seems strange that the spots with least amount of light gets it

I'll bet that's it! Thanks Kyle!

I would be more than happy to key you use this saw to frag those hallucinations zoas. (Hint hint)
Lol you're funny. Sounds good to me just give me a few more weeks for the baby polyps to mature

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I picked this up from ebay the other day for $5 i think. Man is it worth every penny!
8BD06F3A-40E6-4F86-B855-7D8A813713AF_zpsfxhurzo9.jpg

304E7BAC-B339-4D36-874C-A46F166B07B0_zpsgdzozi83.jpg

Before I would use on of my kids apple sauce cups. It was such a pain and I would waste so much frozen food. I was also not very good at getting it completely clean. This I just let it defrost and then use saltwater to rinse it a few times till it runs clear.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good idea Matt. I would suggest rinsing the strainer in clean fresh water after every use, and drying well. It's SS, but can still rust with prolonged exposure to saltwater.