• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"If you want to upgrade your tank I want you to upgrade my front porch!"

If he's mellow so far then you might be OK. I'm going to try another one after I'm done adding wrasses. Those 8 lines are very nice. Mine flashed constantly but unfortunately it was one of the casualties during my velvet outbreak. Are you seeing them pop up for sale at all. I can't recall seeing them in a while.

Whevere you are ready for the trap just let me know.

Liveaquaria has a small female one as of yesterday

My wife has family that lives in Brooklyn so we took a trip to see her cousins this weekend. Lucky for me her cousins are conveniently located to Central Aquariums Crop. in the Bronx.
43F8427A-8FE5-4835-B1E5-1212FB0BC27C_zpshsfkulx8.jpg

That is one nice fish & coral store that only caters to saltwater! Lots of fish & lots of coral at great low prices!

In the box there is
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Longnose Hawk
1 Blue Flasher Wrasse
2 Eightline Flasher Wrasses
1 Vanuatu Exquisite Wrasse
1 Solar Wrasse

(they all don't belong to me. Some of them are Mike S's)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pick ups Matt. Might have to check that place out next time I'm at the families house.

It's a big store. Tons of fish and corals and all priced to move. The only thing I didn't like was that there were no prices listed. That bothers me because how do I know I'm getting the same price as somebody else.

An example was one of the fish I asked about was $25. When he was writing them up he wrote $35. I said something and he corrected it and apologized.
The guy spent over an hour with me walking around. He was very knowledgeable. I pointed out a fish I wanted and he said not to get the one I picked because he had a nicer one in another spot.

I think I saw maybe 3 dead fish total.

That blue sided looks great. I may have to try one at some point. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the quality of the fish. I was a little skeptical given the prices. I'm go to be game for a trip there once these fish are out of qt.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Beautiful fish Matt. Best of luck wit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That blue sided looks great. I may have to try one at some point. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the quality of the fish. I was a little skeptical given the prices. I'm go to be game for a trip there once these fish are out of qt.
I was a little hesitant too when they told me the price of the eightline. However now seeing the store and the way it is run I am ok with it and can see why people say such good things about it. I spent more time looking at the fish and briefly looked at the corals but they had every kid of coral you could imagine. It wasn't that hard to get to. I am absolutely game to take a trip up again whenever.

Beautiful fish Matt. Best of luck wit them.

Thanks Kev. They are all eating very well. I fed them PE Mysis yesterday and they ate. The cleaner wrasse picked as well. Today I ran out at lunch and picked up some live black worms. They are nice and fat now

Left to right
JF Walking Dead Lepto, JF Side Winder Favia, JF Jack-o-Lantern Lepto
005_zpscf3a59c4.jpg

Left is Tyree War & Peach Favia & right is Darth Maul Favia
009_zps0270da81.jpg

JF Paranoia Favia
007_zpse976183e.jpg

Bad picture but it's Unique Coral's Superman Milli
002_zps52271397.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
War & Peach favia. Not War & Peach ;)
Left to right
JF Walking Dead Lepto, JF Side Winder Favia, JF Jack-o-Lantern Lepto
005_zpscf3a59c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Left is Tyree War & Peach Favia & right is Darth Maul Favia
009_zps0270da81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
JF Paranoia Favia
007_zpse976183e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Bad picture but it's Unique Coral's Superman Milli
002_zps52271397.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking good matt! That godspawn is really nice.