• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thirty 5's Deep Blue Rimless!!

howze01

NJRC Member
Looks like you have the bugs all worked out! Looks really good. Once I get back from NC for Thanksgiving I will have to try and get out to see you along with some conduit;)

LOVE those black lights..... I asked about the black cases on AI and they told me they will be up soon. Won't have the black heatsinks but they should be OK.

Well today, I put a piece of live rock from my nano into the this tank to help speed along the cycle. I also installed a switch and an outlet int the cabinet. Since my main pump is in the basement, there is no way for me to shut off the system from the tank. So I wired a new outlet (off of a GFI in the basement) with a switch installed into the cabinet. I then ran another outlet off of that switch back into the basement. The main pump is plugged in downstairs and my MP40 is plugged in under the cabinet. Now just gotta reach under and flip a switch and tank turns off!!!!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice job on the light hanging! If/when I ever get my LED's, I'm definitely stealing this design! ;)

The only thing that could possibly make it better is maybe something like this to dress up the wires running up the hanger. They come in a few different sizes (diameter) and are super easy to put on. It's split up the side so you basically just push the wires into it. You can cut it any length you want.

The way you have it is pretty clean as is, but this might give it that lil extra to make it perfect!

I actually have that stuff lying around not that crazy about it. Im trying to keep the wires as thin as possible. I may actually change the wires to all black wires so that they will be a little more hidden.

Maybe i will give it a shot to just see how it looks.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You’ve done a great job on with this build….love that rock work with all those shelves.

The lights came out great too. Nice job in mounting them up.

One concern is your sump….the partitions are very high, leaving you with very little additional volume in the sump. If you turn off your pump, is there enough volume to hold all the water that will back-flow down from the DT?

2011-11-21150955.jpg

I took this pic to show that I wont have a problem. This is with pumps off..

I can prob get another 15 gallons or so in the sump if needed..

2011-11-28164712.jpg

Well tank is cycled. And yesterday I put a few corals from the Nano into this tank. They needed to go in here, they were getting knocked around. They all opened beautifully in the tank and look great!!!

I got my CUC today, you can see it floating in the tank.
here are some pics of the tank today. Hope those snails do the job!!!

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2144-1.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Well got home today andglad to say that the cuc is doing well. In a day or two they should have it nice and clean. The chitons have not moved yet but John (refcleaners) said that hey might take a while to move and that they will not go on the sand. So I move the shells that they are on, onto the rocks so they won't be scared to move. I also moved some more coral down from the 28.

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Well I made the first I'm sure of my big mistakes!!

I have been checking levels as I should. But what did I forget to check was salinity. I was wondering why my corals were looking like crap! Salinity was down to like 1.01. I did a water change and have been adding salt to get it up. I think that my Skimmer was running super wet. Seems when I turn my return pump off but leave Skimmer running it just basically over flows. I guess it is a downfall of having Skimmer direct to drain and an unlimited supply or RO.

Learned my lesson!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, you should turn off your ATO and the skimmer whenever you stop the return pump to avoid the extra wet skimming. Otherwise, you can easily be adding too much fresh ro/di and dilluting your saltwater.

By the way Anthony, how high above the water level are your AI Sol's?

Ya learned that the hard way. A to not worried about since the float cannot trigger. I have a switch at the dt to turn off the pump and mp40. So when I was feeding the Skimmer stayed running. Not to smart. I now plugged the Skimmer into the same switch so that everything goes off when I turn it off

I have the lights right now about 10.5 inches AWL. I still need to get a par meter to really fine tune them. Then I will adjust up and down if needed

Yea, you should turn off your ATO and the skimmer whenever you stop the return pump to avoid the extra wet skimming. Otherwise, you can easily be adding too much fresh ro/di and dilluting your saltwater.

By the way Anthony, how high above the water level are your AI Sol's?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
10.5" ? That's good. I'm going to make a canopy for my new LED's and just trying to get an idea of how high I need to make it. Most likely getting the Sol Blues, but still contemplating a possible DIY build since it will be hidden in the canopy anyway. Your lights don't appear to have a "flashlight" look, so they seem to be at a good height to me.

Well this salinity problem was the first big mistake that I am sure to make. I am losing a bunch of pieces of LPS....

The salinity is not stable i think in the tank. Hopefully the pieces will come back. Of course it is the new stuff that I bought and all my blastos :(

I am so stupid for not checking, I was checking other levels but just not the salt....

Hopefully the carnage will stop now.