• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to this

I have a piece of that purple tip hammer / frog lol... with two heads that has a pink sponge encrusting most of its skeleton stem just about to the fleshy area. Will it continue to encrust until it kills the hammer is there anything I can do to save both. It is not the larger six head one it is a separate smaller frag.

Sponges don’t usually do well in new tanks. Often die off anyway. Usually start growing eventually in mature systems. They usually don’t tend to to be aggressive, towards coral.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I dunno, kinda torn on them. I like to see it before I buy and boy do they get a lot of money for their frags. On the other hand, they’re selling aquacultured coral. It’s better for the ocean, and they tend to do better in a tank than wild corals. They also offer a 10 day guarantee, which probably works well since their stuff is aquacultured.

I dunno, kinda torn on them. I like to see it before I buy and boy do they get a lot of money for their frags. On the other hand, they’re selling aquacultured coral. It’s better for the ocean, and they tend to do better in a tank than wild corals. They also offer a 10 day guarantee, which probably works well since their stuff is aquacultured.

Sounds like a very fair assessment. I feel real good about buying frags from other reefers tanks. Price seems better and as you said. You get to see what you are getting. Plus there is an added level of sentiment at least for me there is. Im not sure if I am over thinking it but I also feel like you buy from a cleaner tank as far as pests go from home tanks than from shops

On behalf of Sponge, the silly guy left his phone in truck

Q: WWC, is their gold and platinum packages worth it?

Any messages back he’ll see tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the sliver package I feel like it was worth it I liked get coral every month and I liked not knowing what was coming. It's a nice way to feel up a tank. If you price out each piece you get you save money.

Do to wild caught frags going into the quarantine tank I decided to move the frags I had in there to main tank as they appeared healthy and pest free. Sooner than I intended but they came from other tanks and had no plugs so I feel better about doing it after only a couple weeks. And when I dipped the wild caught. A fair number of creepy crawlies came off them so I decided to keep them separate. Any how. WOW do they look good under the hybrid main lights.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
wow sponge they really look great under your lights. best of luck! I cant wait for rap to get some new frags

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Been pecking away at the hood... progress so far. As you may recall. I made the hood with a front panel that was removable. For maintenance
upload_2019-5-24_21-3-8.jpeg
As you can see. In my infinite wisdom, I did not account for oh I don’t know.... feeding the fish. Sooooo I took it down and am making some adjustments.

upload_2019-5-24_21-9-31.jpeg
I cut holes in the face frame and installed magnetic latches

upload_2019-5-24_21-12-6.jpeg
Made some false fronts

upload_2019-5-24_21-13-26.jpeg
Now I have four easy access covers and fish stay were they belong hahaha

upload_2019-5-24_21-15-0.jpeg
Ta da. Ok. Time to paint

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-24_21-14-42.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-24_21-14-42.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13