• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to this

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Make sure when you open that can of tuna you follow those instructions.
I'm not going to go into graphic detail, but I tried it once without instruction and we spent weeks cleaning tuna off the woodwork and out of crevasses and orafices.
They're there for a reason.

Hahaha. I had about 20 cans on the table. Used them for weight to hold trim while drying. And maybe ate one or two when done. Nothing gets past the watchful eyes of a reefer.

Each day I take small steps and observe and try and improve the tank. I had noticed that the hammer-frog hahaha was not as happy as I felt it could be. It was receiving a very consistent current from one direction as the Gyre works that way. Also do to placement it was leaning out into the main stream of the current. I noticed the side that was taking the brunt of the water flow was retracting it’s polyps about half way and took about an hour longer to come out of its skeleton when the lights turned on. So I did two things. One I moved back about 3 to 4 inches and changed program on the gyre to reverse flow every couple of minutes and I have to say only 24 hours later and it looks fantastic.

We have been keeping an eye out for an elegance that looks special to us. And stumbled across one. Really loved this one so took it home did the dip the acclimate the qt and observe. Cleaned up its super stony base and well are some pics of the two sides.
upload_2019-6-2_9-17-22.jpeg

upload_2019-6-2_9-18-27.jpeg

Also needed something small to help with a bit of an algae problem in the qt. This little guy (court Jester Goby) is quite the little worker. Between him and the hermit crab. They cleaned things up right up to the frag. Very happy with the job they did

upload_2019-6-2_9-26-21.png

upload_2019-6-2_9-26-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-2_9-24-14.png
    upload_2019-6-2_9-24-14.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 12